Aaron Hines (ASCAP) is originally from the Sacramento area where his dedication to the percussion arts began as a member of the award winning Sacramento High School percussion ensemble. After developing his skills throughout high school, Aaron became an important part of the California State University, Sacramento Winter Percussion Ensemble from 1997-2001.
Aaron's professional career began the summer after he graduated from Sacramento High School. Since that time he has taught, arranged and designed for numerous schools, ranging from the middle school to collegiate level. He is an active clinician and adjudicator throughout California, Nevada and Arizona. Over 25 of Aaron's ensembles have earned circuit and state titles as well as a Bronze Medal, Fans' Favorite Award and four Finalist appearances at the WGI World Championships. In addition, Aaron arranges and composes custom works independently for schools across the country and has music published through Gary P. Gilroy Publications (Best-Seller 2010), Center X Productions, Creative Solutions & JW Pepper.
In 2002, Aaron founded his own Percussion Ensemble (RIPE). Over their four-year existence, RIPE hosted numerous percussion-based events with the prevailing purpose of aiding the growth and development of the percussive arts in the area. Under the creative and administrative direction of Aaron, RIPE also found great success in the Indoor Percussion activity. They competed at the WGI World Championships in 2004 (Bronze Medalist in PIA) and 2005 (Finalist in PIA).
Since founding eNVision Performing Arts in 2007, Aaron's commitment to the growth of the arts is now focused in Northern Nevada. Since inception, eNVision has hosted numerous arts-based events and entertained the local communities at Artown (Reno's month-long commitment to arts and entertainment), NBA and Division 1 Basketball games and numerous corporate and charity events. eNVision also took a Percussion Theatre to the WGI World Championships where they were a top ten PIA Finalist in 2009, 2010 & 2011 and were voted the "Fans' Favorite" in 2011 for the A & Concert Classes.
In addition to eNVision, Aaron serves as:
- a staff percussion composer for Gary P. Gilroy Publications
- is the Percussion Caption Head and Arranger at Robert McQueen High School in Reno, NV (2009 & 2010 State Percussion & Overall Band Champions, 2011 NNIA Percussion Champions)
- is the arranger and consultant for Reno High School in Reno, NV (2010 Medium Band State Percussion Champions)
- is the arranger and consultant for Reed High School in Sparks, NV (2010 Small Band State Percussion Champions)
- is the arranger and consultant for Nevada Union High School in Grass Valley, CA (NCBA Novice Percussion Champions 2011)
- and is a percussion arranger and consultant for the University of Nevada, Reno.